Monday 18 February 2013

Len Deighton turns 84 ...

Today is Len Deighton's 84th birthday; he was born in London on 18 February 1929

On behalf of the Deighton Dossier blog and website and its readers, as well as his many thousands of admirers and readers around the globe, a hearty 'Happy Birthday' goes out to Len.

It's thanks to his writing and second-to-none research that readers can enjoy so many cracking stories over the decades in which he introduced to the world of spy fiction such time-honoured characters as the 'unnamed spy' who later became Harry Palmer and my particular favourite, Bernard Samson.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, Happy Birthday to Len, second to none for his spy stories. And let's remember he is also the author of several other outstanding works of non spy fiction.
    Among my personal favourites: Only When I Larf, Close Up and the very underrated Violent Ward.
    I look back with the greatest of pleasure at the years of entertainment his books have brought me. And I haven't even mentioned his works of non fiction...

    ReplyDelete